Re: Subject: July 4 and cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 10:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 3, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> Had there been email, Independence Day would be July 2nd. I don't cohousing
> would exist if there was no email!

I don’t think it did.

From Wikipedia

> Since the first cohousing community was completed in the U.S. – Muir Commons
> in Davis, California, now celebrating 25 years – more than 160 communities
> have been established in 25 states plus the District of Columbia, with more
> than 125 in process.

The final restrictions on carrying commercial traffic over the Internet didn’t
end until 1995. Prior to that it was restricted to special access like
government and some university departments.

AOL was one of the early pioneers of the Internet in the mid-1990s, and the
most recognized brand on the web in the United States. It originally provided a
dial-up service to millions of Americans. In 2004 there were more than 600
million people internationally using email.

And another note from Wikipedia — While Katie is mentioned as Chuck’s wife
everywhere he is mentioned, "Chuck Durrett" has his own page but "Kathryn
McCamant" does not.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines