Re: Subject: July 4 and cohousing
From: Bob Leigh (bobleightwomeeps.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Sharon,

>> The final restrictions on carrying commercial traffic over the Internet
didn’t end until 1995. <<

But note the word "final".  Even before 1995, not all of the Internet was
restricted to non-commercial use, though the ARPANET still was.  I worked
for an Internet service provider that began providing dialup service to
plain ordinary folks starting in 1989.

Bob Leigh
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA