Re: Do any communities defer dues?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 09:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 4, 2019, at 7:44 AM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> If you do decide to allow people to generally defer, there should be some
> means to encourage them to pay up front, like, compounded interest, and
> personal guarantees, etc.

I would think this would only be done when there is a question of hardship and
a date for which the unit will be sold or put up for sale.

And done formally with a lien against the property, costs to be paid from the
sale/estate.

In the long run, this might be the least expensive way to deal with the rare
case of catastrophic or terminal inability to pay.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC