Resale Donation Logistics
From: Frost, Morgan (frostmseattleu.edu)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 10:14:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Cohousers,

For those who have donated a portion of resale proceeds to the community, any
logistic tips? We are moving from one house in our community to a different
(bigger) house. We'd like to donate 1% of the sale back to our community
(inspired by those on this listserv!). What are the tax implications for my
community in receiving a large gift? What are the tax implications for me for
donating a large sum to a non-profit this year?

I assume we can send the funds directly to the cohousing account at closing
with the title office and send the rest to other accounts of ours. Is this
correct?

*Ann Zabaldo, can't find your contact info but would LOVE your input!

Thank you!
Morgan
Vashon Cohousing
Washington State