Having two members of a household on the Board
From: David Clements and Evan Richardson (evdavwesaol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:18:27 -0700 (PDT)
Westwood Cohousing in Asheville NC has adopted a variant of Sociocracy.
We have a Sun Circle (General Circle) which is the main governing and policy
making group.  The Sun Circle serves legally as the Board of Directors.   The
Sun Circle delegates authority to three Planet Circles (Community,
Buildings/Grounds, and Administrative/Finance).  Most of those on the Sun
Circle are there by virtue of being Operations Leaders for or Representatives
from the Planet Circles.
As of now there are 8 members of the Sun Circle.  Two households each have two
members on the Sun Circle.
We have heard concerns that it is a bad idea to allow more than one member of a
household to serve on the Board/Sun Circle at a time.  We could change our
bylaws to allow only one Board member from each household.
Have any of you had this issue come up, and what did you decide about it?
Thanks for any feedback.
David ClementsWestwood Cohousing