Re: Having two members of a household on the Board
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrysociocracyforall.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
On a theoretical basis, it does not matter that there are people from the
same household in a circle because you make decisions my consent, not
majority rule. And in the Sun/General Circle those people have been
selected for qualities and capacity to serve and are not just volunteers.
Ideally, their contribution to policymaking is persuasive rather than arm
twisting. To me what is important here is that the Sun Circle do meaningful
feedback in your meetings on a regular basis about the quality of both
process and productivity. Keep yourselves honest, responsive and
well-functioning.
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez  413-687-5444
Co-Founder
, Sociocracy For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/> and  New England NVC
<http://newenglandnvc.org/>
Founding Resident, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community
<http://cohousing.com/>

To talk to me about sociocracy or NVC, go here:
https://talktojerry.youcanbook.me