Re: Events in the Common House that are open to the public.
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 06:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
TO be clear, the gating issue for us was not whether we wanted
outsiders here, but would the outsiders here interfere with *us*
getting to use the space. We argued it for more than one year,
probably two.
And we ended with a policy that says that reservations of the *whole*
common house require community approval (that is, you send a note and
if anyone objects they have a deadline to reply). Probably five, maybe
6 events in 10 years have asked for that.
And we decided to "wait and see" about any more restrictions.
We have an exceptionally great common house in that there are three
different gathering rooms, plus the living room where movies and team
meetings happen. The great room is best, but we've rarely had so many
things going on that someone who wanted to do something couldn't find
a space.

Liz