Re: State Legislative Suggestions/Models
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:57:11 -0700 (PDT)
Ann — I totally agree w/ Philip in re: incentives and site planning. The State
will have some authority as we have seen Oregon itself eliminating single
family zoning.

Oregon is LITTERED w/ cohousing. (That’s a litter problem I’d love to have … )
 It might be useful to spend a little amount of time surveying some of the
communities’s founders asking what changes would have made building cohousing
easier for them.  You might find a constellation of issues that might be
addressed by State legislation.  But … as Philip said more likely it’s going to
be local building requirements.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.