Dogs and common facilities
From: Linda Hobbet (coholindahobbet.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 21:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
We are in the process of developing processes for our move-in next Spring. I am interested in knowing what rules other communities have around dogs in the common house and other common facilities.

I have a well-behaved dog who is an important part of my life. I enjoy his company. I do dog sports with him. I like to take him places. I enjoy going to restaurants with outdoor patios where he can be with me. I try hard not to let him be a bother to others. If I can't bring him with me into common facilities at least some of the time, perhaps on leash, then the common facilities are not the extension of my home that is the promise of cohousing. I will be torn between abandoning my dog to his lonesome while I socialize, or spending my time with my dog and not as much time with my community as I would like. It is distressing to consider.

How do other communities handle this. Perhaps dogs can earn privileges with proven good behavior while under control? What works and what doesn't?

Thank you,
Linda

--
coho [at] lindahobbet.com