Dealing with sensitive issues
From: Marcia Zuckerman (marciazuckermanmac.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 04:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
In my community, Bay State Commons, we have been working hard on building
community as we get ready to build a 30-unit project in Malden, MA, near
Boston.  Early on, we realized that dealing with difficult feelings would be
important to making the best decisions and maintaining harmony.   A number of
us were lucky enough to attend a workshop with Karen Gimnig at the Northeast
Regional Cohousing Conference, and we have hired her as a consultant.

Karen can do workshops, facilitate meetings, and consult over time.  We have
had a number of workshops in which we’ve learned important skills in listening,
empathizing with, and validating others.  Many skeptics in our group have come
to feel that it’s worthwhile work.  Recently Karen facilitated an extended
meeting on the topic of affordability, which engenders many interpretations and
feelings.  We were able to learn more about each other and about the range of
feelings on the topic.  There’s plenty of hard work left, but Karen got us
thinking and communicating constructively.  I heartily recommend her services.

Karen’s website is https://www.karengimnig.net/ <https://www.karengimnig.net/>.

-Marcia Zuckerman
 Bay State Commons