Re: Dogs and common facilities
From: Doug Huston (hustonashlandcoho.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
Too bad indeed that people with companion and emotional support animals (that
are not service animals) have led to increased skepticism about animals for
people whose service animals provide an arguably more vital service and are
more rigorously trained by definition. I certainly don’t wanna minimize actual
issues of safety that Sharon points out that service animals provide.

About five years ago the New Yorker published an article related to this topic.
Undoubtedly some people will find this amusing, and others will find it
offensive:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed?intcid=inline_amp&_gl=1*1aobs3x*_ga*YW1wLXZ3dC1oNXQyOU9fcFlDRlFSam9QelNqVkNtaEx0cF9lZlpla2xJT3JxLXpXUzRjbmhQOGJnVGgtMDJyUURkYlM.

Although I’m not absolutely positive, I think that allowing service animals in
cohousing common houses doesn’t necessarily apply because they are not public
places. I’m also sure this varies by state and zoning about whether they are
public or not.
- Doug Huston Ashland Cohousing Community in Oregon

Sent from my iPhone