Load balancing: we're all in this together . . .
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 12:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
This is really directed at any community with a wait list or with available units, but it's especially directed at communities in the Northeast with a wait list or with available units.

I know the cohousing.org website is a way for people to explore what's available state by state, but maybe there's a more direct mechanism for pairing up people who want to live in cohousing with available units in a location acceptable to them.

Rocky Corner, nearing completion in Bethany CT, still has a few homes available (as do at least a couple of other New England communities in various stages of completion). That might be a message to share with your mailing list of people patiently waiting for an opening in your community. By the same token, we hear from people who, for one reason or another, don't feel we're a good fit for them (timing, distance, cost); but they might be interested in your available unit.

I'm wondering if there's already an exchange I'm not aware of or whether there's a way to spread this kind of information without having to put a lot of time and energy into it every month.

Thoughts?

Dick Margulis
http://www.rockycorner.org/