Re: Accounting software for coho?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:39:51 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 14, 2019, at 1:06 PM, Craig Wright <crw [at] crw.xyz> wrote:

> Does anyone have an accounting software suggestion? I am considering
> Quickbooks Online but the price of entry is pretty high. However, if it makes
> data entry, invoicing, and reporting easier, I think it would be worth it.

We have a management company that does ours, which I think is more work than
doing it ourselves (personal opinion), but myself I found FreshBooks to be far
superior to Quicken or Quickbooks. I would definitely recommend an online
software, however, because then other community members, as authorized, can
enter data, check data, etc.

Freshbooks was designed about 10 (?) years ago? Maybe a bit longer, but
recently enough not to have the problem of baggage necessary to keep old
versions and customers happy. And sufficiently long ago that they have
experience and have gotten any bugs worked out. It imports records from other
accounting programs. Has excellent help files. Speaks Plain English. Very nice
clean design. Full reporting capability. Enter the data and push a button. You
can update reports as often as you like.

The only reason to use Quickbooks is if you work with a CPA who requires it.
Some people love it but I have found it needlessly obtuse. But it’s been around
a very long time so many people rely on it.

For understanding accounting, this article from Entrepreneur evaluates
accounting information websites:
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/249673

Their first choice is one I have found very good, The Accounting Coach. Tons of
information, great dictionary.
https://www.accountingcoach.com

When you understand all the ins and outs, watching the figures can be lots of
fun. Don’t despair!

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines