Re: Accounting software for coho?
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrysociocracyforall.org)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 11:05:21 -0700 (PDT)
I use QuickBooks Online for Pioneer Valley Cohousing and I am happy with
it. I imagine Freshbooks could be better but I am not familiar with it. You
definitely should not be using Quicken for cohousing bookkeeping - it does
not have the appropriate capacities and will make your life harder. Even
with QuickBooks, I keep a set of instructions printed and handy for unusual
bookkeeping entries, like dealing with uncashed reimbursement checks that
revert back to funds in our accounts, refunds, overpayments.
I now have a "cash management" account with our local bank which allows me
to pull condo fees from almost everyone's bank accounts like credit card
companies and utilities do from mine, and it has made my life a lot easier.
Fewer errors and almost no chasing people for late payments.

Jerry Koch-Gonzalez  413-687-5444
Co-Founder
, Sociocracy For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/> and  New England NVC
<http://newenglandnvc.org/>
Founding Resident, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community
<http://cohousing.com/>

To talk to me about sociocracy or NVC, go here:
https://talktojerry.youcanbook.me