Re: storage of important files
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 12:39:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Sharon,

I agree that nextcloud fits our ethos better then own cloud. Either will run on
a Linux server. Not sure if a hosting service account will suffice, but these
days you can just rent a server to work with.

I see nextcloud primarily as a cloud file server and source of links for our
documents. It does have a good calendar built in, but that would be just a
bonus. For me, we trade off a bit of cost and some configuration and
maintenance, to get rock solid cloud services, file services and links.

I would be happy to set up a discussion over zoom for any that are interested.
Time zones make that difficult but I am sure we can find a time where we can
meet.

Henning Mortensen

Sent from my iPhone