Re: storage of important files
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
Maybe it's because I'm 74 years old, but I find comfort in having physical
copies of stuff. We use Google docs for minutes, financial reports, and such.
But we also have 3-ring binders in the common house (in the "media" room where
we also have Steering and committee meetings) with paper copies of business
meeting minutes, committee reports, our legal documents and so forth. This also
provides access for the one household who refuses to use email for community
business.

A file cabinet in that same room includes
a file for each lot, with copies of any PR related to sale of the lot, and
later the house, a copy of the blueprints for many of our houses, photos of the
insides of the common house walls before they were drywalled, copies of maps
and documents from our Planned Unit Development process with the City, warranty
and instruction manuals for appliances etc in the common house, past years'
minutes: 4 file drawers of such stuff.

If Dark Net hackers, or solar flares, or whatever, should wipe out all the
"cloud" stuff, I'll still be able to put my hands on the Sewer System As-Built
map when it's needed.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA