Re: communities that handle property buys and sells internally?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi ALan — we facilitate the FSBO process by educating and informing sellers how
to go about a FSBO sale.  The seller sets the price and chooses the contract to
accept.  We stay out of the finances and the legal stuff except to inform the
seller what legal steps need to be taken.    Resale and Rental POD provides a
pool of educated buyers which we identify through our tours and information
sessions.

We ask for a donation but it IS a donation so not everyone donates.

We do provide a TON of information both to sellers and buyers.  You can see
this by going to this page on our website and clicking on all the links:

http://www.takomavillage.org/page/39042~803412/Sales-Rentals-and-Tours

But we do not as you stated in your earlier post handle the transactions and
collect fees for a sale.  Also as I said in an earlier email, sellers are not
required to use the services of the R&R team.  Because we are a condominium we
cannot tell an owner to whom to sell.  But almost everyone who has sold a home
at TVC wants the new owners to be a good fit for the community whether they
make a donation or not or use R&R services or not.  That’s where having this
pool of well informed prospects comes in.

:-)

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

"Handle every situation like a dog.
If you can’t eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.” –Author Unknown

> On Oct 18, 2019, at 8:01 PM, Alan O'Hashi <adoecos [at] yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> ann - i think takoma village is the group i was thinking about. i’d say you
> are in the middle of transactions.
>
> thx
>
> alan o
>

> Alan O'Hashi - Cyber Office
> Get Up Off the Couch
> www.youplusone2020.com <http://www.youplusone2020.com/>
> www.getupoffthecouch.com <http://www.getupoffthecouch.com/>
> Colorado..303-910-5782
> Wyoming.307-274-1910
> Nebraska.402-327-1652
>
> On Oct 18, 2019, at 5:49 PM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net
> <mailto:zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>> wrote:
>
>> HI Alan and all — I’ve never heard of this arrangement.  I’d be interested
>> in knowing which communities do this and how well it works.
>>
>> Thanks, Alan!
>>
>> Best --
>>
>> Ann Zabaldo
>> Takoma Village Cohousing
>> Washington, DC
>> Member, Board of Directors
>> Mid Atlantic Cohousing
>> Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
>> Falls Church, VA
>> 202.546.4654
>>
>> "Handle every situation like a dog.
>> If you can’t eat it or play with it,
>> Just pee on it and walk away.” –Author Unknown
>>

>>> On Oct 18, 2019, at 6:41 PM, Alan O'Hashi <adoecos [at] yahoo.com
>>> <mailto:adoecos [at] yahoo.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> ann - some communities handle the real estate transactions and ‘collect’
>>> reduced commissions that would otherwise be paid to real estate agents. is
>>> this common, and / or can sellers use their own agents?
>>>

>>> Alan O'Hashi - Cyber Office
>>> Views from Behind the Lens
>>> www.alanohashi.com <http://www.alanohashi.com/>
>>> Colorado..303-910-5782