Re: communities that handle property buys and sells internally?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
Marianna -

Anyone can make a donation to the HoA at any time regardless if it’s a home
sale or a windfall from a rich uncle… Doesn’t make any difference where the
money comes from.

I don’t know if this is a state regulation or not but our donations are not
taxable. Taxing regulation may be state specific.

I hear you saying that you’ve inquired of your bookkeeper about this. I’d be
inclined to talk with a condominium lawyer or tax

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone