Re: When Is a financial Audit Required or Recommended?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 07:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:02 PM, S. Kashdan <s_kashdan [at] hotmail.com> wrote:
> When Is a financial Audit Required or Recommended?
>
> https://hoacpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/FAQ-When-Is-an-Audit-Required-or-Recommended.html

This looks like a very good list of recommended options. We have audits
regularly though we have discussed doing them less frequently. We have a
management company that does the accounts and pays bills but we also have
lawyers and a former FDIC employee. In the past we have had accountants who
worked in the DC budget office. So we do audits.

Not all of our management companies have done a good job on financial
management — usually misplacing bills and not noticing that the utilities
haven’t been paid in 6 months. But years ago when we switched management
companies, there was an excess of $25,000 in our account. We never found the
source or error. So there is more than one reason to do an audit.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC