Re: When Is a financial Audit Required or Recommended?
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:25:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Jackson Place Cohousing in urban Seattle,  Washington has not had many
financial audits. One of our founding members was an accountant and helped
the finance team get and keep things in order over the years.

We had a financial audit in 2017 for year-ending 2016.

  It cost $2400.

Cagianut & Company, CPA  did our financial audit in 2017 (although it
appears the owner, Gayle Cagianaut, has joined with a different firm (see
https://hoacpa.com/gayle-cagianut/)  Her website is the same, which is where
the list that I posted came from, so it's a good place to start inquiring
about audits.  We were satisfied with their work as CPAs.  We wished we
could have had more guidance from the firm in terms of answering our
accounting questions; but they indicated that this was not something they
could provide and referred us to a bookkeeper.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan
Community Outreach Liaison