Re: Communities that handle property buys and sells
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 06:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 24, 2019, at 12:43 AM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> BTW — this weekend was our 15th & 16th resale.  Under cloudy, cold skies, and
> enough rain to break our drought about 30+ people showed up.  For one of the
> units, there were 4 active submissions w/ escalation clauses.  Our Resale and
> Rental POD provided all 4.

When Ann says “cloudy, cold skies, and enough rain to break our drought” she
means “grey, drizzling, spatters of stuff that comes down for hours and turns
everything into slimy mud.” Rain in DC is not the same as rain in other places.
It isn’t clear sparkling water that cleans the air leaving everything refreshed
and shiny. It’s grey.

Busboys and Poets, the local book decorated food and lecture hall restaurant,
has a drink called “DC Water.” It looks like it should be translucent but
isn’t. It’s a Martha Stewart blue that has been through recycling, and then
faded. The rain is like that only grey, and not faded.

So anyone who would voluntarily go outside in DC rain and put a bid in on a wet
unit, has been motivated by powerful, dark, outside forces. And R&R was able to
find 4 of them. (We are thinking of renting them out. Stay tuned.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
"Save Our Planet. It's the only one with chocolate."