Re: Financial Audit Question
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 19:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
At Jackson Place Cohousing, in Seattle, Washington, I think we have had
three financial audits during the eighteen years we have been functioning.
We have had a very good professional account, a woman who ran her own
successful business for several years, and some very competent people with
managerial jobs as part of our finance team. We have had divided
responsibilities and changing of treasurers every two years. We also make
all of the accounting records available to any resident who wants to look at
them.

We have chosen to have financial audits even though we have not been worried
about fraud.

We chose to have those three audits to make sure our financial records are
in order for banks and other institutions that grant our homeowners
mortgages and other such checks.

Also for general openness.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie