Re: Assessments for Homes and their rental units
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 11:26:35 -0800 (PST)
Our assessments are based 50% on a per unit basis and 50% on a per person
basis. It’s seems to be a pretty fair system, but obviously requires that we
conduct a monthly census. That’s generally not much of a problem because most
homes have the same people in them from month to month. But the count can be
tricky and even contentious at times — e.g., a shared custody child who only
lives part-time here, college kids who come and go, etc.

Here’s the specific language from our Budget and Assessments agreement:

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

“We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the
mental institution of the universe.”
           - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe