Re: Sharing your LLC documents
From: Jack & Carolyn Salmon (2salmonearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 10:52:43 -0800 (PST)
Congratulations Stan and the rest of the Wake Cohousing community,

Our experience at Quimper Village was that as our development progressed, we
made changes in how we operated based on experience.  I’m presuming that the
LLC document you are drafting will be filed with the state or recorded.  My
suggestion is that you keep the LLC document as general as possible, with
references to community agreements (or some other name) documents that can be
changed as needed, without being re-recorded, etc.   You won’t want to spend
time rewriting documents when you have so many other tasks ahead of you.

Examples…
        - how long a potential member can hang around before actually
committing to membership with all of it’s requirements (money).  We went from 6
months down to 2 months.
        - organization structure, it may change as you move further into
development, so keep it general in your LLC docs.

Carolyn Salmon
former team leader for Finance & Legal team