Keep Hanging in There - Re Affordable Cohousing
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 06:10:07 -0800 (PST)
Hello Sara - You aren't the only one who is looking for affordable cohousing
options. If those existed, cohousing communities would be springing up all over
the place.

There's going to be an on-line conference in February sponsored by the
Cohousing Association of the US that will largely be around that topic.

My personal mission is to get as many people to start changing the paradigm
from "traditional" cohousing development which is expensive and time consuming.
There will continue to be those that are in the mix.

You may not be surprised that there are many more people who think that $80000
to $100000 is unaffordable. Check out this story about "retrofit"
options.http://bit.ly/cohoretrofit

My premise is, a community of people don't necessarily have to have a shared
building to gain the benefits of cohousing.  Sure, there are some ways that
architecture and construction can better facilitate the community to form, but
housing is housing and what differentiates cohousing from other housing
configurations is the "secret sauce."

The movement needs more "burning souls" and if you're someone who has a fire in
their belly about cohousing, we need you to stick around.

Thx,
Alan O.