Local group attendance of Conf on Affordable Coho
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:21:35 -0800 (PST)
Karen Gimnig - Associate Director Coho-US wrote:

> the proposal form here <https://forms.gle/QtQHRsYeWfH745zX7>.
That page says:
>> our first ever Online Conference to be held February 22, 2020

> our upcoming Affordable Conference on Affordable Cohousing... will
> be an online conference, no travel needed (see, its affordable!)

A little travel might help...

While my partner, Becca Brackett, was getting ready this morning to go
to the first day of two long days of a "retreat" for the Vision Circle
of the Twin Cities Cohousing Network (TCCN) - http://tccoho.org/ ,
we discussed the upcoming Conference on Affordable Cohousing.

Her thought is to make the conference a TCCN event by having a big
screen etc in a place where people can gather.  This would be obvious
for an existing cohousing community but since much affordability is
usually a function of planning and action taken at the development
stage, planning and publicizing a local conference remote
participation event for cohousing wannabes ** would be most
desireable.  Of course hosting it at an existing cohousing community
would also be desireable.  I encourage people to consider such local
attendance events.

I think it would be ok to publicize it as an Conference on Affordable
Cohousing to be held at (local address) with details explaining that it
is an online conference.

** I'm sure that us cohousing wannabes far outnumber cohousing
residents. Of course there are also even more potential cohousing
wannabes who just don't know enough yet...

PS Practice sessions should be planned to minimize technical glitches.

Fred