Interesting Idea for a New Cohousing Community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 07:25:57 -0800 (PST)
Five cities or states that will pay you to move there. Payments vary and some
are specifically offers to pay off student loans. Most seem to be in the range
of $10,000 that might be a downpayment on an affordable unit.

With an advance scout to set things up, it could be doable.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90443091/these-5-cities-or-states-will-pay-you-to-live-there-and-you-can-apply-right-now

>       • If you’re a full-time remote employee: Think Vermont. Applications
> open in January for this program that pays you up to $10,000 over two years
> just for setting down new roots.
>       • If you’re a very recent grad or went to college in Maine: Opportunity
> Maine. Pay off your loans in a state that refunds recent grads for loan
> payments. The refund comes as a tax credit so, for example, if you pay $2,500
> in loan payments and your state income tax bill is $2,100, you would only pay
> $400 in taxes.
>       • If you’re a freelancer or work remotely: Tulsa Remote. Get $10,000
> and a coworking space. The hip program, funded by the George Kaiser Family
> Foundation, initially planned to attract 20-25 people and was deluged by
> applications, which organizers capped at 10,000. They’ve recently welcomed
> over 100 new residents, and now the program is back, looking for Tulsa’s 250
> newest movers and shakers.
>       • If you’re a recent STEAM grad: Go Hamilton. The one in Ohio, which
> will pay off up to $10,000 of your student loans over three years. That’s
> totally worth a three-year detour to Butler County.
>       • If you’re still buried by student loans 7-10 years out of school: St.
> Clair County, Michigan, is calling your name and willing to pay back up to
> $15,000 of your loans through its Come Home Award.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Coauthor with John Buck of
"We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy"
ISBN: 9780979282706
http://www.sociocracy.info

Now in Spanish, Portuguese, and Korean