Re: Role of facilitators at plenary meetings
From: Catya Belfer (catyapobox.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:37:39 -0800 (PST)
Sharon,

True!  for us it just means that when there is a question about how to
proceed - "Should we call for consensus now?" "Should we put off the break
for 5 minutes to finish this topic?"  "Should we all stop an take a deep
breath?" - the facilitator is the one who gets to make that call.

Muriel,

It's one of our meeting ground rules, which we agreed on by consensus a
zillion (15?) years ago:

https://mosaic-commons.org/groundrules

   - When in doubt about the process, the facilitator decides.
   - Use the Color Cards <http://www.mosaic-commons.org/colorcards>. [
   https://www.mosaic-commons.org/colorcards]
   - Stay on topic.
   - No side conversations.
   - Speak for yourself, and allow others to speak for themselves.
   - Be succinct.
   - Avoid repeating a point or idea that has already been stated by
   yourself or others.
   - Listen for understanding before you react.
   - Ask questions rather than make assumptions — if confused, ask!
   - Emotions are okay, aggression is not.

Catya Belfer
www.catya.org
CuriosityktCat.etsy.com