Re: Affordable Housing vs Low Income Households
From: Brian Bartholomew (bartholomew.brianyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 00:01:55 -0800 (PST)
 The necessary architectural technology innovation has already occurred.
I haven't looked at the numbers in ten years, but I remember the
Katrina Cottages were mobile-home-shaped but high quality for $40K to
$65K. They're small, but not tiny. Katrina Cottages could be put on
a trailer park footprint with a shared laundry facility in the common
house. The Katrina victims were ready to leave the RV trailers FEMA
gave them as temporary shelter and put these modern "shotgun shacks"
on their existing lots where their destroyed houses used to be, but
the victims' former neighbors voted to prevent it because it would
make their future house resale prices go down. The neighbors banned
inexpensive housing because it was inexpensive. Would you let you
neighbors vote on your choice of spouse, church, or occupation, too?

Brian