Re: Two budgets
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 05:45:21 -0800 (PST)
 Dick - At my place we assess similar to how you do at Casa Verde, but don't
keep track of revenues and expenses in separate budgets. We have a three part
assessment: part based on per capita equal for all owners; and part based on
square footage; a reserve assessment based on square footage.

We generate quite a bit of revenue based on user fees of the common house, and
long-term rental of office and in a coworking space for artists. The
"enterprise" revenue is treated as a line-item, rather than as a separate
"fund" and basically accounted as taxable income. We do keep separate funds for
dedicated reserves and discretionary funds.

Happy New Year to you and Barbara!

Alan O.

Alan O'Hashi
Get Up Off the Couch