Re: Affordable Housing vs Low Income Households
From: Lynne MARKELL (lmarkellrogers.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 11:24:32 -0800 (PST)
Kathryn, good to get your take on this.
Do you have any suggestions for how to make cohousing more affordable or how to
offer some more affordable options such as rentals?

It seems that some projects are able to have get some government subsidies for
a few units. I would recommend that these geographically specific programs be
better documented so they can be shared with other jurisdictions.  If I had
more details I could advocate for similar programs in Canada.

Having worked in government relations, I found that bureaucrats and politicians
were more willing to consider new programs if they had been successful
elsewhere. Then the bureaucrats can question the people who admistered the
specific programs. The more specific the  "ask", the better chance of success.
I think the affordability conference should include a session on government
subsidy programmes
Lynne

Lynne Markell,
Lmarkell [at] rogers.com