Re: affordable housing
From: rphilipdowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 13:15:21 -0800 (PST)
Actually, most jurisdictions eventually discover it is extremely hard to prove
who “lives” where, as opposed to who is just visiting, or who is not even
present — or prove who is “unrelated”, when two people insist they are cousins
— and so on.  So mostly these jurisdictions either quietly give up on
enforcement, or repeal laws that don’t work.  Turns out zoning is pretty good
for managing the physical parameters and attributes of real estate*; but it’s
pretty crappy for managing human behavior.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, MA

 * But even here, I may be over-optimistic.  Also turns out that defining
"dwelling unit" can get pretty iffy as well.