Re: Affordable Housing
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:02:24 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Ann.  This is a great article -- everyone should read it.  What the
article does not say is that restrictive zoning works as a huge subsidy for
whites in million-dollar homes.  Just consider how much more their two- and
four-acre lots would cost if you could put twenty- or thirty homes on
them.  When I lived in Wilton CT we struggled for many years to build one
multiple-unit building -- which was then restricted to the elderly!   It's
time to call middle- and upper-income subsidies what they are and give poor
people a chance to drink at the same trough.