Re: Affordable Housing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:56:17 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 16, 2020, at 11:00 AM, VAN DEIST <vandeist [at] msn.com> wrote:
>
> I’m currently seeking 6-10 contiguous lots in unincorporated Sarasota County
> on which to build 1BR, 1BA, 2BR, 1BA, and 2BR, 2BA cottages of 624 ft2 - 900
> ft2 ranging from $185K - $225K.
> These are smaller, more affordable homes sharing a social interface which
> helps residents combat isolation, give mutual support and share community.

The problem with Florida 20 years ago when I was with a group trying to form in
Del Rey Beach is that developers were building like crazy. There were tons of
apartments available at lower prices than could be built in a community that
wanted to build sustainable housing. The developers were not always doing
construction that would withstand a hurricane, or even the edge of a hurricane.

I just did a quick and non-scientific flip though Redfin.com, and there are a
number of apartments available below these prices. Just saying.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca