Re: 1 Bedroom unit at Cornerstone
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:02:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I did a quick online lookup at "www.dollartimes.con/incomoe-needed-for-house/550000", a came up with $95546 as the income needed to finance the condo (20% down, 30 year loan at 4.5%, 28% of income needed for housing). That's still expensive, but not $1397000 annually.

At Jamaica Plain Cohousing in Boston we haven't recently sold a one-bedroom, but a one-bedroom with a loft recently (around 1 1/2 years ago went for around $500,000, and some two-bedrooms not for sale have been appraised by the city at around $427,500.

In any event, all the best in our efforts to provide affordable cohousing!

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing