Construction Loans
From: Dean smith (deansmith4me.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 09:21:43 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone,

There was a suggestion (ok, I make it) in one of the workshops at last spring’s
Cohousing Conference in Portland, OR, that the movement could benefit from
federally guaranteed construction loans.  In much of Europe, governments give
grants to start-up cohousing projects.  The idea was that we lobby HUD to
establish funds to at least guarantee loans.  There would need to be some basic
requirements to qualify for guaranteed loans (Cohousing.org
<http://cohousing.org/> might be able to help with that).  This would relieve
confusion within banks about how to deal with cohousing loan requests.  What do
people thing?  Ideas?  Downsides?  Upsides?