Comm. Land Trusts at Affordable Cohousing conf.
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 07:59:19 -0800 (PST)
I am pleased to note that the online Affordable Cohousing conference
on Feb 22 will include a session on Community Land Trusts with Rebecca
Lane (former Coho-us ED).  The session is one of 11 offerings (one
can attend 3 then but recordings will be available).
For details see https://www.cohousing.org/2020-online-affordable/

Community Land Trusts are the most common form of limited equity
housing tenure that assure LONG TERM affordability by buyers agreeing
to restricted resale prices. Other ways include limited equity coops,
and certain deed retrictions as part of affordability programs.
Another term for this is Shared-Equity Homeownership.

I would like to see our housing market changed to be a sustainable
housing market in which the resale of ALL housing is limited (related
to the overall level of inflation) Clearly our current system with the
price set by supply/demand is disfunctional and unsustainable.

Markets are created by humans / society and could be changed.

Below are some backgroound references.

Cohousing-L post from From: Rebecca Lane
Affordable home ownership models   Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-L/msg36094.html

Wikipedia article on Community land trusts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_land_trust

The State of Shared-Equity Homeownership By Emily Thaden - May 7, 2018
Though the need is greater than ever for resale-restricted, affordable
homes, the growth of this model of homeownership appears to be limited.

https://shelterforce.org/2018/05/07/shared-equity/
https://groundedsolutions.org/strengthening-neighborhoods/community-land-trusts

Shared Equity Homeownership  2008  by John Emmeus Davis
The Changing Landscape of Resale-Restricted, Owner-Occupied Housing
https://shelterforce.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/SharedEquityHome.pdf

Linden Cohousing - Madison, WI  11 units of 41+  http://cohomadison.com/
Background Information about Buying an Affordable Home at CohoMadison
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1Y0hSl9-lSVTKkM5N1pUzLMpIrradaT/view

This message posted to Cohousing-L discussion 2/3/2020
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-L/

Fred