Re: Guest Room Questions
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:29:24 -0800 (PST)
Hi Valerie —

Congrats on your cohousing project — 2/3rds completed!  It’s exciting isn’t it?

It sounds as if you have a very organized process for reserving and keeping
track of your GR usage.

Can you clarify about the accessibility of your guest rooms and bathrooms?  Is
there a lift for wheelchair riders to access the 2nd floor?  You say both BAs
have accessible showers - I’m assuming they are roll-in showers which is
perfect. Roll in showers have no edge to get over.  The user rolls in,
transfers to a bench or chair and backs out the wheelchair.   Is there a bench
or chair to sit on for guests who cannot stand?

Also you say the GRs are small.  Are they large enough to accommodate a power
wheelchair?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

Dear Karma — I have a list of people you missed.