Re: Guest Room Questions
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 14:00:34 -0800 (PST)
We have 34 households and 2 "hobby" rooms. These are places guests do
"hobbies".
(The zoning board didn't want us having a "hotel".)

We imagined we would do things like a knitting group in them during the
day, when unused by others, and set up a twin bed such that it could be
used as a couch, and put a futon on other room so that we could do that.
However, as best I can tell, no one ever has. (Often have massage
therapists using the space, however.)

We have a half bath near the guest rooms and an accessible bath with a
shower down the hall. I've never known why they aren't reversed.

The two guest rooms and one bath have a doorway marking that space as
separate.

The rooms are a little longer than two twins or the double bed/futon, and
each has an armoire for linens.

Our number one mistake is that each is on a noisy wall--one next to the
laundry room the other next to the living room/movie space.
The rooms are not big enough to add another wall in 6 inches which would be
the best sound improvement.

Our rooms are used frequently, there are often two people who want the same
room, we have a concierge that works those situations out. It doesn't
really feel like a third room would valuable.
They are x number of nights free (maybe it's 5?) and then $10 per night
after that. Guests have a host who does the laundry and cleans up.

We also have used it for people who have broken a leg, hip surgery, a fire
in one of the homes. We have also hosted two different people who were
facing homelessness, we were their intermediate housing for a couple of
weeks, or a couple of months.

Mosaic Commons, Berlin, MA