Buying Cohousing Homes to rent out for secure tenancies?
From: Fiona Frank (fionafrankgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 00:34:12 -0800 (PST)
Dear all
Lancaster Cohousing in the U.K. has been going for 8 years . We’re 41
privately owned homes on a river 3 miles outside Lancaster with  a common
house, guest rooms, bike shed, children’s space - and we own a converted
engineering factory next door which is run as a very successful coworking
and event space - now full occupancy and vibrant. We have one two and 3 bed
houses and flats .

We occasionally have short or medium term rentals when a member wants to
travel or can’t sell their home.

A group of members are looking at buying a home to rent out to allow for
secure tenancies to encourage younger people to live here for longer. We
want to do this by lending money to the community and getting the community
to buy the home.
Lots of issues to deal with including unequal power (lenders vs renters),
concerns by non lenders about risk, etc.

Does anyone else do this anywhere or have any models we could look at
rather than completely reinventing the wheel?
Love and thanks
Fiona in U.K.