Re: Cohousing Digital System
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 11:00:19 -0800 (PST)

> On Feb 16, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Diane Craig <ddcraig [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mosaic is user-friendly when doing
> the basic functions  (email, meals, booking rooms, sharing information. The
> more advanced features like meals and document organization have a higher
> learning curve figuring out how it works with the community's goals but
> that will happen with any new system and new community. I have offered a
> one-hour  help session a few times where people can drop by for help. I
> don't have a lot of time to spend with this and most people here don't have
> interest or expertise.

I’ve learned two things about the lack of duplication in tech support. Asking
will bring lots of help — asking on Coho-L, for example, so other mosaic users
can respond. And email list for Mosaic point people would be very good for this.

And anyone who has expertise in programming generally, can pick up whatever
they need to know quickly. There are also tons of online forums for looking
things up and asking a question.

I think the fear in this area comes from working with free services that also
limit information. If anything goes wrong, you lose everything. I just cut and
pasted 140 pages from a Google freebie that had our information held hostage.
What worked worked fine but they kept changing things without notice and if it
didn’t work it wasn’t available. Couldn’t be added.

Code is not mysterious to everyone. Serious but not so arcane as many people
feel it is.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines