Re: Resales and Rentals
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 05:33:47 -0800 (PST)
 Lew Bowers <lew.bowers [at] comcast.net>
due to a format issue after a bit of reformatting.
The message had been distributed a few minutes ago with
just Lew's signature.

Fred

Here is my reply to Anne’s request for how other cohousing
communities have built off of Tacoma Park’s resale approach.

Anne – I have attended two of your resale workshops at national
conferences. PDX Commons has structured its resale program on yours.
We have a similar 60 day right of first offer to the HOA. We also
maintain a active waiting list who have priority rights to make offers
during the right of first offer period as Katie also counsels.

I just recently perused your web page to see how you have the resale
portion set up. I am recommending that PDXC model that portion of our
webpage after yours, especially your listing of key documents – very
impressive.

We have been living here for almost 3 years and have not yet had any
move outs. However, I believe that we will have our first this fall.
So, we have reconvened our dormant Resale Work Group to review our
agreements and create a more detailed plan for implementation.

PDXC does not have any rental portion.

I have attached our relevant Resale Agreement., our wait list
explanation and our advisory to hiers.

As a part of our Resale plan , we will develop an orientation program
for prospective buyers.

We have also crafted a voluntary “instructions to heirs or estate
trustees” on how to handle any resale. I believe that about ¼ of
our members have actually added this piece to their wills.

Thanks for all of your help on this important issues. We are open to
any new learnings that you might have developed. Happy to send you our
plan once it is  developed.

Lew Bowers

503-396-0316

Bowers & Bowers Development LLC

Founding Member of PDX Commons

Certified Cohousing Consultant

I have not attached the attachments mentioned. If any community wants
a copy, please amil me directly. Lew

Message: 5