Re: looking for alternatives to long email conversations
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:28:56 -0800 (PST)
Congratulations for breaking ground!

A couple lessons we learned during design work 20 years ago and on email since
then, which might be helpful:
We quickly learned that having the plenary decide design issues was way too
slow for the thousands of design issues that needed to be decided. We formed
teams for common house design, private home specifications, etc. The community
decided on the general design program, but then only the people particularly
interested in a working on a particulate design team and willing to invest the
time was involved in all the detailed decisions.
We have learned that email conversations are very useful for some information
exchange, but is very hazardous territory when emotions heat up. At the first
hint of heated emotions, someone will suggest that we move the conversation
offline and  to face to face instead.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"It takes two to speak the truth -- one to speak and another to hear."
         - Henry David Thoreau