Re: privacy policies related to publishing photos
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 08:19:44 -0800 (PST)
> On Mar 6, 2020, at 9:31 PM, Alicia George <ajgeorge [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> We do not have an explicit policy about publishing photos, but have carried
> on a practice started by previous website managers here years ago. The
> assumption is that anyone’s photo can be used, but if they ask to opt out, we
> will respect their wishes. The current website and Facebook managers maintain
> a (short) list.

To add to Alicia’s comment, people’s views of having names and photos on the
web have changed dramatically over the years. 10-15 years ago I was doing the
public website with another person, and many  people were adamant about their
children not being on the web anytime, anywhere. Today they post children
themselves on Facebook. All the time!

The result then was that no children on the website—not good. I finally found a
workaround which was to put up photos that were several years old so the child
was only recognizable to those who knew them when.

Now we also have a password protected site that has 1000+ photos of people and
property.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines