Re: coronavirus in cohousing
From: Fiona Frank (fionafrankgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 16:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
good to hear from you.
Here in Lancaster Cohousing UK, we did some socially distant Tai Chi on the
CH terrace this morning and yesterday.. It was sunny and the birds were
singing despite everything.
We have an emergency COVID team meeting regularly (by Zoom) and the Common
Areas Service team are working closely with them .  We sound pretty much
like you. We have ten or eleven out of 66 people here who have compromised
immune systems for various reasons so they are self isolating and some of
us are still doing social distancing, having occasional meals sitting far
apart - last week inside, this week outside.
All visiting has stopped like you.
We happen to have a brilliant Knowledge Manager who's an expert in helping
people to use Zoom and Slack, and just before this started we swapped all
our communications from Email to Slack. She has been brilliant atdoing
little how-to videos to bring everyone on board.    We also have a nurse
who is working in the local hospital on training health service staff on
wearing safe protective clothing; he's been really helpful when i needed
informaiton about whether it's useful or not to wear surgical gloves (he
says NO, they spread infection cos they make you feel you're safe - better
to wash your hands more often).
We're thinking of a 30 Day Art Challenge....a Zoom wine tasting....  any
other ideas?