Apartment for rent at Kingfisher Cohousing Oakland CA
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 21:03:16 -0700 (PDT)
This is a rental cohousing community of 5 households, with the potential to
grow to 9. We will probably grow to 7 or 8 in the next year. We have
regular common meals, meetings and workdays, and enjoy each other's company
a lot. We may be able to convert our buildings to condominiums in the
future; if that happens everyone will have the option of buying their
units, or staying as renters.

We have a lovely one bedroom for rent. It's fixed up with new plumbing,
wiring and air conditioning, but still has its original 1940 warmth and
charm.

Vital statistics:

   - 525 square feet
   - Wood floors throughout, Marmoleum in bathroom
   - Large, eat-in kitchen
   - Heat and A/C provided by a mini-split heat pump
   - Tankless water heater
   - Beautiful Wedgewood stove
   - $2,000 rent, water and garbage included
   - 1 off street parking space

About our community:

Our little community is bubbling along, with regular meals, meetings and
gardening days. We are weathering the Covid-19 shelter-in-place order by
bringing our own lunches and sitting in a wide circle in the courtyard both
for our scheduled common meals and daily impromptu lunches. Luckily the
weather has been mild, so we aren't feeling isolated, thanks to living in
this cohousing community.

For more information and pictures, please visit our website:
www.BrookdaleCommons.org

We will have an open house via Zoom at 1:00 PM on Sunday, March 29. Here is
the invitation:

Jenny Guy is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Kingfisher Open House
Time: Mar 29, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/853426282
Meeting ID: 853 426 282

If you would like a preview of the apartment before the Meetup, call for an
appointment. Appointments are available between 10 and 12 this coming
Monday to Friday for an in-person tour (one person at a time) or a video
tour where I walk around the apartment and the rest of the property with my
cell phone.

Best,
Jenny
510-843-3239