Re: Disinfecting CommonHoouse
From: rphilipdowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 06:45:17 -0700 (PDT)
Like some other communities, our common house is part of an apartment-style
building, and provides access to residential apartments.  So closing it 100% is
not an option.  Instead, we’ve got new guidelines (not commands, but strong
suggestions) that visitation to the common house by non-residents be greatly
curtailed.  Common meals and guest room usage have been cancelled.  As of this
writing, the common house (where my wife and I live) is pretty much a ghost
town.  Even so, twice a day we disinfect selective routes and surfaces in the
commons.  Based on evidence and experience so far, we have not yet made a plan
for commercial-grade disinfection once the crisis has passed.

For the moment, we’ve cobbled together adequate supplies of alcohol and
store-bought “99.9%” disinfectant products.  However, all stores shelves in
Cambridge seem empty of such supplies, and we’re a bit surprised to see that
the supply chain is very slow in recovering.  Maybe the re-stock of every
plausible product is being diverted into the hospitals.  In a few years, we’re
going to have some really great books written about all this ...

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, MA