Re: Helping members with Covid-19 related hardship
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 06:30:21 -0700 (PDT)
      At Swans Market we set up a similar plan during the 2008/2009 financial
meltdown.  Although we funded it by everyone paying in a small fixed amount, I
forget  if it was 10 or 15 dollars each a month as a kind of insurance fund for
a year or two.  We call it our “Brother can you spare a dime” fund since we
were singing a lot of depression era songs at the time.  People with temporary
financial difficulty paying HOA dues could apply to the treasurer for a loan
from this fund to cover HOA fees.  We have discussed folding the money back
into our general fund and eliminating this deal at various times over the years
but so far we’ve always decided to keep it as is.  It has been utilized a
handful of times over the years and the loans have always been paid back.  So
far in our community everyone is either working remotely or retired so
financial woe has not been a big issue here in this crises.  But if that
changes we still have our fund available.
   Bonnie Fergusson
Swans Market Cohousing
Oakland, CA

Sent from my iPad