Re: Helping members with Covid-19 related hardship
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 07:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
Bonnie, can you say more about this: "People with temporary financial
difficulty paying HOA dues could apply to the treasurer for a loan from
this fund to cover HOA fees. "

How is that different than just letting them not pay and catch up on
payments when they can? As the bookkeeper here at Mosaic Commons, that's
just how I've always done it.  People sometimes don't pay for a couple of
months.  When that happens, I'll check in with them -- usually they've just
forgotten, and they (hopefully) will go ahead and pay, but sometimes they
say they are having a tough time financially.  At which point I stop
harassing them for awhile. In every case, even when people have gone 6
months in arrears, they eventually catch up.

Diana
Mosaic Commons
Berlin, MA