CoHousing meetings which meet social distancing requirements
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 13:06:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone
I'm wondering how you all are meeting with the growing need for social
distancing, and many common houses being closed?
We have collectively used zoom, however there's concern amongst residents
about privacy and security, hacking and zoombombing which a number of our
residents recently experienced in a local public meeting.
A good proportion of our residents are older and it's taken quite a while
to get zoom working.
I've looked at other options- skype I find much inferior quality-wise with
a lot of call-drops, and microsoft teams seems expensive and complex.
I also have my doubts that we are going to get our residents all on
facebook or whatsapp (and am not sure that they are any more secure or
reliable)
So- I'm wondering how other cohousing communities are communicating, and
what you see as the advantages/disadvantages of each option?
Many thanks!
Chris Hansen
Burlington CoHousing East Village
Vermont